The Midgleys were a family of travelers, and everywhere they went, they collected minerals and rocks. Eventually, the Midgleys amassed a huge collection of everything from agate and pyrite to fluorescent rocks and a 7,000-pound petrified tree stump. The house itself is made from rocks and
minerals from the Midgleys’ collection. The construction of the home began in 1945 and was finished in ’47. After the family patriarch’s death in 1953, the remaining family members built a home next door and turned the original into a museum. It was gifted to the City of Enid. In addition to the rock collection, stuffed wild game and other artifacts from the family’s travels can be found in the museum.