Sat., May 14 at Mohawk Park in Tulsa
From parksideinc.org: Parkside’s By Your Side Run promotes physical fitness while raising funds for the By Your Side program benefiting Parkside’s clients and their families. The event features a 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Dog Walk. The dogs have been a great addition to the event and in past years, Parkside even brought out some of our pet therapy animals to participate. This year, we are asking for a pet participation fee of one jar of peanut butter. All peanut butter collected will be distributed through the food pantry.
Since 1959, Parkside has been by your side providing quality mental health services with excellence and compassion. In addition to Parkside’s comprehensive psychiatric services, Parkside also delivers a number of other services that further overall health and well being through the By Your Side program. This program allows clients in need to receive at no cost:
- Medications for those without insurance or with limited insurance, and for those without financial resources.
- Non –perishable food and personal hygiene items for themselves and family members.
- Clothing for themselves and family members.
- Transportation assistance through bus tokens and taxi vouchers for those without other means of transportation to and from Parkside.
- Books to encourage reading and feed young minds!
We are ramping up for a great event and we promise other fun and activities in addition to the running events.
- Some By Your Side Run Features:
- Popular Tulsa Race Course with no hills and chip timed for competitive runners – USATF SANCTIONED EVENT. Course was modified and re-measured in 2015!
- Strollers are welcome in this family friendly run
- Live music
- “tech” shirts for the first 150 registered in the 5K. Event logo cotton t-shirts for all others while supplies last.
- Awards for the 5K: Male & Female Overall and first three in standard age groups.
More fun is planned and 100% of the proceeds from this volunteer staffed event go to fund the food pantry!
Visit parksideinc.org for more information.