The largest Comprehensive Community Addiction Recovery Center in the state, 12&12, is hosting its third annual 12&12 Day on Saturday, Dec. 12. The event is aimed at increasing awareness for and helping those suffering from addiction.
“12&12 Day is an opportunity to shine a light on the effects of addiction and learn how 12&12, Inc. is impacting our community in this battle,” says Jen Kerckhoff, the event’s coordinator.
How can those in the community help out? By donating a variety of needed items. Drop off locations have been set up around town, and you can also bring $12 (cash or check) or an item from the list below to one of these locations on Dec. 11 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Dec. 12 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Most needed items (for both men and women):
3. Board games
9. Playing cards
1. Luxe Furniture & Design (10545 S. Memorial Dr.)
2. The Root Coworking (110 S. Hartford Ave., Ste. 250)
3. Greenhouse Clothing (6129 E. 31st St.)
4. Chris Lile – State Farm (3820 E. 51st St.)
5. HCS Roofing & Restoration (2108 N. Willow Ave.)
6. Kiddlestix (3815 S. Harvard Ave.)
7. 12&12 (6333 E. Skelly Dr.)
12 & 12 offers life-saving tools to adults suffering from addiction or co-existing mental health and substance use disorders, with the end goal to help them to achieve individualized recoveries. Monetary donations are accepted at 12and12.org/donate and facebook.com/12and12Inc.